Friday, August 1, 2014

Jack is 23 months!

Splashpad fun!

Jack is a busy boy.  Here are a few fun things about him:

Favorite toy:  vacuum cleaner.  He pushes this thing around all day.

Favorite food:  loves cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets.

Favorite fruit:  not big on fruit but loves purée fruit pouches

Favorite treat:  chocolate

Favorite shows:  peg plus cat, daniel tiger, and Sesame Street.

Favorite song:  1, 2, 3, 4 on Sesame Street, he sings along to it.  Also Turtle Rock from Signing Times.  

Playing ball at Eli's school playground

He loves to brush his teeth (himself).  He's getting better with me brushing them.   

He has become very aware of when he wets and dirties his diaper and will tell me.  

He is taking one nap a day.  Usually it's about two hours.  

He loves to play outside and recently went down the slide for the first time!  He is still a little cautious so I usually coax him and hold his hand and back a bit.  He still needs help with steps.  


He says more words now.  Kitty, No, good, two.  We have been practicing him holding up his fingers for his birthday coming up.

Surprisingly, we are still nursing.  I did not plan to go this long.  When I quit with Eli, he had been eating solids for so long beforehand.  Since Jack didn't take to solid food until after his 1st birthday, I wasn't in a hurry to wean him.  Now that he is almost two, I'm still not sure when that time will come.  Some days I'm  ready for it to end, but most days I'm fine with it and I know he is.  It's mostly at nap and nighttime, but it's also a comfort to him when he is tired, cranky, hurt, or I've been away for a few hours.   I was so grateful to offer that comfort to him after his dental procedure.  It's also nice knowing he is getting a little extra on the days that he doesn't eat much (for whatever reason).  There are lots of benefits.  We are just taking it day by day for now.

Watching big brother fish at the pond

Playing at dynamo gym

Sleepy baby

Messy hair, don't care :)



2 comments:

Heather and Josh said...

Cutie!

nana said...

very nice pictures. You are such a great mom. You are so loving and caring. Hope you have a great Birthday today. Love you all. Nana